Lessons learned from my dog:
1) Always stop to sniff the roses (and roll in the grass).
2) Love and accept the way you look.
3) Be un-apologetically yourself.
4) Ask for the things you need and communicate them clearly.
5) Be grateful for the special people in your life (maybe don't lick their face when they greet you at the door), but make it a priority to just be with them.
6) Persevere when times are rough.
Our lives may be a bit more complicated than our dog's. But they teach us that it is important to acknowledge the simple pleasures and love in each day.
Any you can think of to add? Add them to the comments below :)