Then I listened to music and painted my nails. I was so impressed with myself, my nails never come out that good! I also watched a movie called Hungry For Change about the billion dollar diet and food industries in the US. I had some mixed feelings about it and will write about it more later this week.
Sunday I was ready to indulge again, I think I was overly excited that it was a three day weekend. We watched some football in the afternoon then made pasta from scratch (a lot easier than it sounds), shared a bottle wine, feasted on on our seafood pasta masterpiece, then drank lots a of whiskey. A few pasta making tips I finally have down:
- 2 eggs to every cup of flour - this amount is plenty for two people
- Knead the dough until it is no longer sticky
- Don't be afraid of the flour, sprinkle more on whenever you need it
- Add a BUNCH of salt to your boiling pasta water, it gives the noodles a lot more flavor
- Don't cook the noodles for more than 2 minutes, those babies can pass al dente before you blink and eye
Now for the finished product...
After the delicious pasta (once you have had hand made, you will never want to go back to the store bought stuff) we drank several old fashioneds...
It was his first time... but his tenacity was impressive.